The Nashville Alumni Chapter was founded on April 24, 1926
Dr. H.H. Walker became the chapters first Polemarch in 1926
In 1933, Dr. H.H. Walker was appointed Southern Province Polemarch
Dr. Henry H. Walker was elected to the Grand Board of Directors in 1945
In 1946, William J. Gupton of Nashville Alumni was appointed the South Central Province Polemarch
On December 27-30, 1949, Nashville co-hosted the thirty-ninth grand chapter meeting.
During the grand chapter meeting in 1949, Dr. H.H. Walker became a candidate for the Laurel Wreath award, the highest award given in the fraternity
In 1955, the Nashville Alumni Chapter purchased the fraternity house located at 901 26th Ave. North from grand chapter for approximately $10,000
Members of the Nashville Alumni Chapter played significant roles in the demonstrations during the Nashville lunch counter sit-ins in downtown Nashville in February 1960
In 1976, the fraternity house at 901 26th Ave. North was remodeled
Nashville Alumni initiate, Brigadier General Daniel “Chappie” James of the U.S. Air Force who became the first black general to wear four stars, was voted the 27th Laurel Wreath recipient at the 61st Grand Chapter meeting in 1977. In February 1978 he passed away. Grand Polemarch H.H. Holloway presented the award posthumously at the 62nd Grand Chapter meeting in Chicago, IL. in 1979.
Philanthropy was the key in 1983. The H.C. Hardy annual Easter egg hunt, the annual Thanksgiving basket give-away to the needy, and the annual Christmas party for the kids were all established in 1983
The annual Black & White ball reached over 1000 people at the Municipal Auditorium in 1989
Members of Nashville Alumni invested in property at 901 Cowan St. and called it the Kappa Kastle in 1991. It was the chapters’ official fraternity house which moved from 901 26th Ave. North. It was the biggest Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity house in the world
On July 4-8, 1993, Nashville Alumni Chapter co-hosted the 71st grand chapter meeting.
The property at 901 Cowan St. was sold and the chapter moved back to 901 26th Ave. North in late 1993
In 1996, the Nashville Guide Right Foundation (NGRF) was established. The NGRF is the tax exempt charitable arm of the chapter
Bro. Ralph Hines left his house located at 3710 Tigerbelle Lane in his will after his passing to the Nashville Alumni Chapter in 2001. The house is approximately 6,000square feetand currently serves as the chapters’ official fraternity house
National Co-Chairman of Music, Leonard H. Morton Sr. was conferred the Elder Watson Diggs award in 2001 at the Grand Chapter meeting in Cleveland, OH. for his continuous work with the fraternity. The Elder Watson Diggs award is the second highest award given in the fraternity.